Wine with character
- Type of wine : Red wine, robust and meaty
- Grape variety : 70% Cabernet Sauvignon , 30% Cabernet Franc
- Soil type : slate hillsides for Cabernet Sauvignon, and shingle for Cabernet Franc
- Wine making : After de-stemming, the grapes are macerated in tanks for a period of 3 weeks to a month. After the devatting, the free run juice and the press juice are blended together for a secondary fermentation called malolactic.
The penultimate step is the ageing on fine lees to obtain a more
rich juice and to refine the tannins, before clarifying and conditioning.
- Taste : dense robe and deep ruby colour.